Prescribing Pattern of Breast Cancer Chemotherapy Drugs at Lavalette Hospital Malang

Authors

  • Irawati Irawati Akademi Farmasi Putra Indonesia Malang
  • Mardhiyah Sardjan AKFAR PIM

DOI:

https://doi.org/10.54445/pharmademica.v1i2.12

Abstract View:

56

PDF downloads:

61

Keywords:

breast cancer, prescribing pattern, combination of chemotherapy drugs

Abstract

Breast cancer is one type of malignant diseases with a high incidence both in Indonesia and in the world. It is the number one killer in Indonesia. Chemotherapy, as a method used in the breast cancer treatment, causes side effects that can interfere the quality of life of breast cancer patients. This study aims to determine the type of chemotherapy drugs, the combination of chemotherapy drugs in a prescription, and the dose of chemotherapy drugs at Lavalette Hospital. This study is descriptive research. It was conducted by collecting 100 sheets of breast cancer chemotherapy prescriptions in November 2020 as samples. Findings specify that the types of chemotherapy drugs for breast cancer that are often prescribed are cyclophosphamide 29%, docetaxel 19% and paclitaxel 17%. Combination of chemotherapy drugs that is often written down is the combination of 2 drugs of TdC (docetaxel cyclophosphamide) 36% and TpCar (paclitaxel, carboplatin) 33%. The dose writing for all types of drugs has been reviewed according to the patients’ weight, height and age.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

References

Gurney, H,2002. How to calculate the dose of chemotherapy, British Journal of Cancer, Australia

Masturoh, , I & Nauri, Anngita 2018. Metode Penelitian Kesehatan. Kemenkes, Jakarta

Kemenkes RI. 2019 Panduan Penatalaksanaan Kanker Payudara. Penerbit: Kementerian Kesehatan RI, Jakarta.

Kemenkes RI 2015. Buletin Jendela Data dan informasi Kesehatan. Penerbit: Kementerian Kesehatan RI, Jakarta

Mardiana, L 2014. Kanker Pada Wanita: Pencegahan dan Pengobatan dengan Tanaman. Penerbit: Wisma Hijau, Depok.

Perwitasari DA.2009. Pengukuran kualitas hidup pasien kanker sebelum dan sesudah kemoterapi dengan EORTC QLQ-C30 di RSUD dr Sardjito Yogyakarta. Majalah Farmasi Indonesia Vol. 20 No. 2, hal 68-72.

Sugiono,. 2012. Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif Kualitatif dan R & D. Penerbit: Alfabeta, Bandung

Tan, H. T dan Kirana, R., 2007. Obat- Obat Penting. Edisi VI: PT Elex Media Komputindo, Jakarta

Published

28-03-2022

How to Cite

Irawati, I., & Sardjan, M. (2022). Prescribing Pattern of Breast Cancer Chemotherapy Drugs at Lavalette Hospital Malang. PHARMADEMICA : Jurnal Kefarmasian Dan Gizi, 1(2), 80–85. https://doi.org/10.54445/pharmademica.v1i2.12